Monday, July 12, 2010

Oaklands Playscheme

Today I went to the office at my usual time and as soon as I got there, they sent me to Oaklands because they where so short staffed today. Probably due to 1. T in the Park was this weekend 2. Spain won yesterday. So I caught the bus to Oaklands and was thrown into one of the active classrooms. Things started off pretty casual, most of the kids were doing their own thing outside. I played ball and got to blow bubbles with the kids. Most the kids were ages 8-12. Then around lunch, I was left alone with three of the kids and things started to get crazy. Screaming, leaving the classroom, stealing lunches,spilling drinks... These are special needs children who really need 1-1 care. I couldn't turn my back for two seconds without someone getting into something else. I got bit, scratched, pinched, slapped, etc. But you cannot stay mad at them because they can be really adorable as well. After lunch we went outside again and played in the water. A few of the active class kids went on a trip but I stayed behind. It was a very hectic day but I had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment